Sunday 21 August 2011

Bottle Green with Envy

I have a confession to make. I have a serious weakness for old glass bottles. I love the soft blues and greens, the old descriptions of long gone contents, and particularly how they look in clusters. If you are anything like me and can't seem to stop yourself from buying every old bottle you find, then you too are probably searching for ways in which to display these lovely treasures from the past. Well never fear, Love, Thomas is here!


The three bottles above adorn  the bookcase in my bedroom, reminding me daily of the antique markets and little old ladies garage sales where I have collected them and reflecting light across my room, however I've been trying to think of a way to jazz them up a titch. This lovely idea of placing old photographs (another weakness of mine) in your bottles is a lovely touch. I really think I will try this one. I'll keep you posted as to how it works out.


I tend to find myself making small clusters of items in specific places throughout the houses...


...however I love the sheer scale of colour onslaught that is created here by this very large collection of beautiful items and old bottles.


I often use old glass decanters for oils.
This one I use in my bathroom to hold Almond oil (a lovely natural moisturiser).


Or in the kitchen with olive oil (which looking at the level, I use rather frequently)...


...but I LOVE this idea of filling old wine bottles with battery powered twinkle lights, as an  alternative to candles at the dinner table, or even as a unique Christmas center piece (is it too soon to talk about Christmas? I apologize for any heart palpitations I may have caused)

curbly.com

But finally, if you are still stumped, you can't go past the simple beauty of filling your collection of glass bottles with wildflowers.

stylemepretty.com

I hope you have found some inspiration here to avoid the debilitating condition known as bottle green envy.

Best, 
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    Great blog, great ideas, and a great deal of inspiration ... Do you know where one could find or order battery fueled twinkle lights? Many thanks, Hania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hania,

    Thanks for your support. There are plenty of battery powered twinkle lights available on eBay in a range of different colours.

    Here are a few links that might help you.

    http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=battery+powered+fairy+lights&_sacat=See-All-Categories

    http://www.christmaswarehouse.com.au/shopping/battery-operated-lights/32/1

    Hope this helps and thanks for reading.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete